Bhubaneswar: Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has undertaken a slew of measures for improvement of education in all its affiliated schools. As per official sources, the Board has prepared 10 handbooks/ manuals on various innovative and qualitative measures during 2018-19 and 2019-20 academic sessions.
In a circular, the Board has asked Principals of all CBSE affiliated schools to download the handbooks and arrange for discussion on each with their teachers and students so that such handbooks are adopted for implementation.
For the first time, CBSE has also prepared a calendar of major activities for 2019-20 sessions.
Here’s List of Handbooks Released:
1. Handbook on Experiential Learning: With the increased significance and thrust in education for acquiring 21st Century Skills, Experiential Learning has gained momentum. This Handbook gives details about the features, mechanisms, processes, checklists and lesson plans based on Experiential Learning. This Handbook is created in a very innovative manner and it uses real life discussion to get across the concepts.
2. Guidelines on Art Integration: The Art Integration document contains details on the importance of Arts, Arts as pedagogical tool for experiential and joyful learning, guidelines for Art-Integrated Learning for teachers and principals and a suggestive list of activities and projects for reference. It also directs schools to have two periods of Art Education per week.
3. Manual on Integrating Artificial Intelligence across Subjects: CBSE has taken up Artificial Intelligence as a multi-disciplinary integrated pedagogical approach to further enhance teaching and learning across classes 6th to 12th. The Manual on Integrating Artificial Intelligence across Subjects is an attempt to propose how schools may train the trainers to match relevant topics/themes from the curriculum with AI concepts. It contains details on the importance of Artificial Intelligence and Artificial Intelligence Tools as pedagogical support for experiential learning. Guidelines for Teachers can be found in the form of Lesson Plans integrating AI in Classroom Teaching.
5. Manual for Teachers on Joyful Teaching and Learning of Mathematics: The Board has prepared Manual for Teachers on Joyful Teaching and Learning of Mathematics. It provides inputs for teachers to make the teaching and learning of Mathematics joyful by engaging students in meaningful activities.
6. Handbook on Hubs of Learning: CBSE has formed Hubs of Learning which is a cluster of 5-6 schools which will share best practices and resources as an enabling instrument. Although the Board is training all the Lead Collaborators of all the Hubs, the Handbook on Hubs of Learning will give the ‘extra’ which adds value to any initiative or programme.
7. School Quality Assessment and Assurance (SQAA): The Manual on School Quality Assessment and Assurance (SQAA) provides self-learning material for schools for introspection and improvement.
8. The Compendium of Courses after +2: This Compendium is an earnest effort of the Board to facilitate students while scouting for right course choices. It has listed 114 courses ranging from courses like Biotechnology, Pharmacy and Bachelor of Arts to the new and upcoming fields like Cyber Security and Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. It gives the details of what the course is about, eligibility and institutions offering the course.
10. Handbook on Eco-Clubs and Water Conservation: With an aim to create measures for water conservation, the Eco-Clubs would continue to promote environment and climate literacy and motivate learners to become champions for environmental sustainability while the thrust of this year’s activities will be on water conservation.
Source: Odisha TV