The Ministry of Education has constituted a Joint Review Mission to visit the State of West Bengal to review the implementation of the centrally sponsored scheme, Pradhan Mantri Poshan Shakti Nirman (PM POSHAN) in January 2023. The Joint Review Mission comprises members drawn from Nutrition experts, Officers from the Government of India, and the State Government.
The JRM team reviews the implementation of the scheme at the State, district, and school levels for a specified period on defined parameters.
Terms of Reference for Joint Review Mission
- Review the fund flow from State to Schools/implementing agencies.
- Review the coverage of the Scheme
- Review the availability of Management Structure at the State, District, and Block level
- Review the delivery mechanism of food grains from State to Schools
- Review the smooth implementation of the Scheme with particular reference to Interruptions.
- Review the Creation of Capital Assets
- Construction of Kitchen-cum-stores
- Procurement/Replacement of Kitchen Devices
- Review the involvement of NGOs/Trust/Centralized kitchens in the Scheme
- Review the payment of the Cost of Food grains to the Food Corporation of India
- Review the convening of the meetings of the District Level Committee under the Chairpersonship of
- the senior Member of Parliament. (Lok Sabha)
- Review the Management Information System (MIS)
- Review the implementation of the Automated Monitoring System
- Convergence with Rashtriya Bal SwasthyaKaryakram for health check-ups, supplementation of micronutrients under WIFS & deworming medicine under National deworming day and health check-ups and supply of spectacles to children suffering from refractive errors.
- Operationalization of Mid-Day Meal Rules, 2015
- Dissemination of Food Safety Guidelines up to District, Block, and School
- Enrolment of children and Cook-cum-Helpers under Aadhaar
- Payment of Honorarium to Cook-cum-Helpers
- System of Storage of food grains and other ingredients
- Role of Teachers in Scheme
- Tasting of Meal by Teacher, Parents, and Community.
- Testing of meals
- Involvement of Community
- Bank Account of Cook-cum-helpers
- Awareness of the Scheme
- Contingency Plan
To assess the anthropometric measurements of a sample of children availing of meal (i) Height (ii) Weight (iii) Mid arm Circumference
- To Calculate the Body Mass Index (BMI) based on measurement of height and weight.
- To identify the children who are undernourished and overnourished.
- To review the quality and quantity of the served Meal.
- To review the satisfaction of the children’s parents and community on the served meal under PM
- POSHAN in respect of quality and quantity.
- To suggest some nutritionally balanced region-specific recipes.