About the Programme
Leadership and Faculty Development is a strategic priority for both the countries, India and UK to encourage joint learning, share best practices and develop institutional mechanisms for sustained improvement. This is why Leadership is a key focus area of UKIERI. The AICTE-UKIERI Technical Education Leadership Development Program focuses on:
- Improving the quality of teaching and learning
- Creating a mission statement and strategic plan for their polytechnic
- Improving their employer engagement work
- Integrating information technology into their teaching
- Working with their staff to improve motivation.
The workshops will provide delegates with an overview of the key leadership and management challenges facing educational practitioners today, with a focus on the application of effective leadership and management techniques and their beneficial impact on departmental and institutional performance. Throughout, delegates will be encouraged and empowered to view the training through the lens of their own institution’s context, with assessment activities being based around the practical application of their new skills within their organization.
Objective of the Programme
The key objectives of this program is to provide Leadership and Management training workshops to 600 delegates including deans, principals and aspiring managers from AICTE approved institute and Polytechnics, by the year 2021. Accredited by Charted Management institute (CMI), the delegates will undertake three workshops; between these workshops, the participants or the team of the participants will work on a “Change project” within their organization, allowing them to put into practice the leadership and management skills they are developing through this training. The Change Management component of the programme will result in significant, measurable impact on the participating institutions.
The enhancement of the change projects was expected to lead to considerable and immediate impact. Successful completion of the Change project and submission of assignment will allow the delegates to receive the CMI Level 5 Certificate in Leadership and Management.
Delivery Partner – Dudley College, UK
UKIERI Board has shortlisted Dudley college, UK for conduction of Leadership Development Program under Phase-III. Established in 1862 as the “Dudley Institute”, Dudley College, UK has a 165-year history of providing education and training that underpins the regional, national and global economy. Delivering high quality vocational education and training at an international level, the college delivers training to over 12,000 learners, as well as is meeting the training needs of a diverse employer base.
The Council has a target to train hundred (100) delegates in the Academic year 2020-21. These delegates will be split into smaller groups for activities and work, etc. Under this program, three workshops will be conducted in the AY 2020-21, and it is mandatory for all selected delegates to attend all the 03 workshops and carryout a Change Management project to complete the training. Successful completion of the Change Project and a written assignment will allow the delegates to receive the certificate from Charted Management Institute (CMI) Level 5 Certificate in Leadership and Management.
The selected few participants may also get a chance to visit UK for 05 days study Tour. This selection will be purely on the basis of their change project, assignments, attendance in the workshops, etc.
Under the AICTE-UKIERI TELDP program, three workshops will be conducted in AY 2020-21. The tentative timeline for the same is as under: –
|Workshop||No. of Days||Proposed Dates|
|Workshop I – Leadership & Management in Action||4||05 Oct 2020 – 08 Oct 2020|
|Workshop II – Improving Institutional Performance||4||07 Dec 2020 – 10 Dec 2020|
|Workshop III – Change Project Presentations||4||08 Mar 2021 – 11 Mar 2021|
About the Participants
The participants should be the senior faculties from AICTE approved Institutes/ polytechnic/ University. The programme aim at giving more advanced leadership skills to the faculties and laying the foundation for long-term sustainability within the participating institutions.
- Delegate should be a Principal, Dean or a Senior faculty/ administrator in an AICTE approved Institution/ Polytechnic/ University.
- Delegate should have at least 10 years of relevant experience.
- Preferred age of participant is between 35-50 years.
- Delegate should be agreed to participate in all the three workshop of this program.
- The delegate should understand that the programme will be delivered in English.
- The delegate agrees to complete all the assessment requirements (particularly the Change Project) in order to be accredited by CMI.
- The delegate need to identify the area in which they wish to implement measurable change.
- Delegate should have prior permission from their higher authority to attend all the three workshops.
- Applicants participated in similar Leadership Development Program are advised not to apply.
- A maximum of 03 participants from each institute shall be selected for the above program.
The short listing of the applicants for Leadership and Management Programme will be done by a duly constituted Committee of members from AICTE and British Council. Any details or regulations subject to change at the discretion of the Committee.
Last date to apply: 30 June 2020
Application Link: AICTE-UKIERI TELDP 2020 Application
Note: For further details, please email at email@example.com or speak to us on 011-29581012/11.