CBSE merit scholarship scheme is to provide scholarships to the meritorious Single Girl Students, who are the only child of their parents; and have passed the CBSE Class X Examination with 60% or more marks and are continuing their further school education of Class XI and XII. The scheme is aimed to recognize the efforts of the parents in promoting education among girls and to provide encouragement to meritorious students.
The scholarship shall be given on the basis of merit list as stated in Para 2 above, from the result of CBSE Class X Examination. The eligibility criteria shall be as under:
- All Single Girl Students, who have secured 60% or more marks in CBSE Class X Examination and are studying Class XI & XII in School (affiliated with CBSE) whose tuition fee is not more than Rs. 1,500/- p.m. during the academic year, shall be considered for the purpose. In the next two years, the total enhancement in tuition fee
in such school shall not be more than 10% of the tuition fee charged.
- The scholarship shall be awarded to Indian Nationals only.
- The student must continue her school studies in Class XI and XII in school as stated above in para 3(i).
- Candidate who have passed CBSE Class X Examination in 2019 will be considered.
- A Scholar under the scheme while availing scholarship can enjoy other concession(s) given by the school in which she is studying other organization(s).
Note: NRI applicants of the Board are also eligible for the award. The tuition fee for the NRIs has been decided maximum of Rs. 6,000/- per month.
Steps to apply for CBSE single girl child scholarship:
The candidate needs to visit cbse.nic.in and click on the ‘CBSE Scholarship Portal’ box at the bottom. Here, the applicant has to click on the ‘Guidelines and Application Forms/ Apply Online’ option and follow the steps below.
- Candidate needs to enter her roll number and date of birth.
- Note down the ‘registration number’ shown on the page. This will be used while uploading documents and also for all other future communications.
- Print the undertaking as provided in the ‘Guidelines Document’, fill it, paste the photograph and get it attested from the school.
- Prepare the affidavit according to the format provided in the ‘Guidelines Document’.
- Scan the above two documents, i.e. ‘affidavit’ and ‘undertaking’ to create PDF file of up to 1MB size. The PDF should contain all the pages (in case of multiple pages).
- Go to the ‘upload document’ option and upload both the above-mentioned documents.
- Go to print ‘confirmation page’ option and generate the confirmation page.
- Only applicants who have completed the application process properly will be able to generate a confirmation page.
The beneficiaries of the Scholarship scheme will be rewarded with Rs 500 per month. The scholarship award period would be of maximum two years from the date of its commencement.
Last date to Apply: 18 October 2019